Updated: Aug 23, 2021
Bring a piece of paper and write on top of it your goal “I will memorize the entire Qur’an with the help of God.” In order to achieve the goal, you must meet four basic things that must be provided to the hafiz, which are as follows.
• Never doubt that you will not memorize and make sure of yourself that you will achieve this goal, please do not neglect this aspect at all.
• Set a model for yourself, a human being who is a role model, and no one is more worthy of an example than our Noble Messenger Muhammad in the Holy Qur’an and all our affairs.
• Write down everything that will happen if you memorize the Qur’an, from remembering the reward for memorizing and remembering the words of Allah (Read and ascend and recite as you used to recite... the hadith).
• The more you memorize and advance in memorization, give yourself a gift. When you memorize Surat Al-Baqarah, give yourself an in-kind gift, so that you can continue memorizing.
• The quick way to memorize with one-sided representation of Surat Al-Jumu`ah is as follows.
• Read the first Ayah 20 times
(یُسَبِّحُ لِلَّهِ مَا فِی ٱلسَّمَـٰوَ ٰتِ وَمَا فِی ٱلۡأَرۡضِ ٱلۡمَلِكِ ٱلۡقُدُّوسِ ٱلۡعَزِیزِ ٱلۡحَكِیمِ)
• Read the second Ayah 20 times
(هُوَ ٱلَّذِی بَعَثَ فِی ٱلۡأُمِّیِّـۧنَ رَسُولࣰا مِّنۡهُمۡ یَتۡلُوا۟ عَلَیۡهِمۡ ءَایَـٰتِهِۦ وَیُزَكِّیهِمۡ وَیُعَلِّمُهُمُ ٱلۡكِتَـٰبَ وَٱلۡحِكۡمَةَ وَإِن كَانُوا۟ مِن قَبۡلُ لَفِی ضَلَـٰلࣲ مُّبِینࣲ)
• Read the third Ayah 20 times
(وَءَاخَرِینَ مِنۡهُمۡ لَمَّا یَلۡحَقُوا۟ بِهِمۡۚ وَهُوَ ٱلۡعَزِیزُ ٱلۡحَكِیمُ)
• Read the fourth Ayah 20 times
(ذَ ٰلِكَ فَضۡلُ ٱللَّهِ یُؤۡتِیهِ مَن یَشَاۤءُۚ وَٱللَّهُ ذُو ٱلۡفَضۡلِ ٱلۡعَظِیمِ)
• Read the fifth Ayah 20 times
(مَثَلُ ٱلَّذِینَ حُمِّلُوا۟ ٱلتَّوۡرَىٰةَ ثُمَّ لَمۡ یَحۡمِلُوهَا كَمَثَلِ ٱلۡحِمَارِ یَحۡمِلُ أَسۡفَارَۢاۚ بِئۡسَ مَثَلُ ٱلۡقَوۡمِ ٱلَّذِینَ كَذَّبُوا۟ بِـَٔایَـٰتِ ٱللَّهِۚ وَٱللَّهُ لَا یَهۡدِی ٱلۡقَوۡمَ ٱلظَّـٰلِمِینَ)
• Read the sixth Ayah 20 times
(قُلۡ یَـٰۤأَیُّهَا ٱلَّذِینَ هَادُوۤا۟ إِن زَعَمۡتُمۡ أَنَّكُمۡ أَوۡلِیَاۤءُ لِلَّهِ مِن دُونِ ٱلنَّاسِ فَتَمَنَّوُا۟ ٱلۡمَوۡتَ إِن كُنتُمۡ صَـٰدِقِینَ)
• Read the seventh Ayah 20 times
(وَلَا یَتَمَنَّوۡنَهُۥۤ أَبَدَۢا بِمَا قَدَّمَتۡ أَیۡدِیهِمۡۚ وَٱللَّهُ عَلِیمُۢ بِٱلظَّـٰلِمِینَ)
• Read the eighth Ayah 20 times
(قُلۡ إِنَّ ٱلۡمَوۡتَ ٱلَّذِی تَفِرُّونَ مِنۡهُ فَإِنَّهُۥ مُلَـٰقِیكُمۡۖ ثُمَّ تُرَدُّونَ إِلَىٰ عَـٰلِمِ ٱلۡغَیۡبِ وَٱلشَّهَـٰدَةِ فَیُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمۡ تَعۡمَلُونَ)
▪︎Read from the fifth verse to the eighth verse twenty times to connect them.
“Do not ever give up and if you feel bored or tired, take a little break and resume, when you finish the page, celebrate it.”
▪︎ Read from the first verse to the eighth verse twenty times to master this page.
Combining memorization with revision
■ Do not memorize the Qur’an without reviewing it, for if you memorize the Qur’an continuously until you finish the whole Qur’an, and you want to go back to what you memorized, you find yourself forgetting what you memorized, and the best way is to combine memorization and revision.
• Divide the Qur’an into three sections, each of ten Juz's "parts" is a division. If you memorize one page a day, review four pages until you memorize ten parts. When you memorize ten parts, stop for a whole month to review, and review eight pages every day.
• After a month of reviewing, start memorizing the rest of the memorization page or two according to your ability, and review eight pages until you memorize twenty parts. Memorizing one or two sides every day according to ability, and review eight pages until you finish memorizing the entire Qur’an.
• If you finish memorizing the Qur’an, review the first ten parts alone for a month, every day half a juz, then move to the second 10 parts for a month, every day half a juz, and read from the first ten parts eight pages, then move to reviewing the last ten parts of the Qur’an for a month Every day is half a juz with eight pages out of the first ten parts, and eight pages out of the 20 parts.
What to do after a year from memorizing Quran
○ After a year of mastering and revising the Qur’an, let your daily party of the Qur’an until your death be the party of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, for he used to gather the Qur’an seven times, i.e. every seven days he would complete the Qur’an.
• Aws bin Hudhaifah, may God have mercy on him, said: I asked the companions of the Messenger of Allah, may God bless him and grant him peace, how do you read the Qur’an daily? They said: Three surahs, five surahs, seven surahs, nine surahs, eleven surahs, and Hizb al-Mufassal from Qaf until it ends.
Narrated by Ahmad.
• That is, on the first day, he reads from (Surat Al-Fatihah) to the end of (Surat An-Nisa). • On the second day, he recites (Surat Al-Ma’idah) to the end of (Surat Al-Tawbah).
• On the third day, he reads from (Surat Yunus) to the end of (Surat An-Nahl).
• On the fourth day, read from (Surat Al-Isra) to the end of (Surat Al-Furqan).
• On the fifth day, he reads from (Surat al-Shu`ara) to the end of (Surat Ya-sin).
• On the sixth day, he reads from (Surat As-Saffat) to the end of (Surat Al-Hujurat).
• On the seventh day, he reads from (Surat Qaf) to the end of (Surat An-Nas).
Memorization Basics And Rules
• Your memorization must be on a sheikh to correct the recitation.
• Memorize two pages every day, one after Fajr, and one after Asr or Maghrib. In this way, you will memorize the entire Qur’an in perfection within a year, and your memorization will be perfect.
• Memorizing is from Surat Al-Naas to Surat Al-Baqarah, because it is easier, and after you memorize the Qur’an, your review will be from Al-Baqarah to Al-Nas.
• Memorizing should be from a copy of the Mushaf that is unified in the edition in order to assist in the firmness of memorization and the speed of recall for the locations of the verses and the end and the beginning of the pages.
Everyone who memorizes in the first two years will find it difficult ro remember the memorized parts, and this is called the (collection stage). Do not be sad when the Qur’an escapes from you or your mistakes, for this is a difficult stage for affliction, for the devil takes advantage of it; To stop you from memorizing the Qur’an, so let go of its whispers and continue to memorize it, for it is a treasure that is not given to anyone.